Sunday, April 1, 2007

Cardio Only

I decided to go to the CPF for a cross-training workout today. Upon arrival, there was a sign that said the weight room was closed for remodeling. I guess they are putting new rubberized flooring down and it will be completed by tomorrow. Not that deterred me in any way, but I figured the cardio machines would be busy.

Today marks the first day of using an elliptical trainer. It took me a few minutes to get the settings adjusted to allow me enough resistance and the proper incline. I had planned on 30 min's of elliptical and 30 min's of bike, but I stayed on the elliptical the whole time. HR's 145-155 bpm at a workload of estimated 12.5-13.0 METS. I was pleased with this workout, as it is very close to workloads of a typical run. Back to the pool tomorrow a.m., along with some light treadmill running.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Brother!
Not sure how all this works so I hope you get this. Glad you enjoyed the elliptical.... I love them! I'm finding myself addicted... After this past week of being on the road I'm looking forward to tomorrow's workout..
Nice space you have here. Happy Trails!
Love,
Sis

Anonymous said...

Enjoy reading your entries and checking your progress on your recent injury. Keep up the good rehab. You did on real nice job on setting up your "space"!!

Love MOM

Anonymous said...

What up Uncs,
Just thought I would check out your blog, which is totally rad! Anyway not much going on here. Hope to see you guys soon.

-Aaron

Anonymous said...

Hey Stud,
Just thought I'd say Hey. Your blog is really sexy. Be cool, and talk soon.
Corey