Sunday, April 15, 2007

Spring has Sprung, the Flowers Risen...

Today felt like the first day of real spring to me. I guess we had a day like this a month or so back, but of course I was working that day. This past weekend was a good mood lifter. Mid to upper 50's, sunny, and minimal wind made the weekend a good one for running.

I managed to have a decent day of training. I did a morning workout in two parts. First, I had the chance to run with my bud Kooks, who I haven't had the chance to run with in ages. I call him the K-factor. We all need a little K-factor in our running week. We did an easy loop through the cemetery, added an out and back section and finished at the house.

Kari needed to run this morning as well, and I decided it would be nice to run with her and hoping that our son would like to go as well. We loaded him up on the baby jogger and headed out for a loop through campus, west on skyline, and up Kenwood to Arrowhead and home. We added a loop near Hartley trails just to take a peek. The trails here in the Northland have many weeks to go until I will be setting tracks on them.

Totals: run with Kooks 41:30, run with Kari and Lucas 38:44
total for the day: approx. 11 miles.

No comments: