Saturday, April 14, 2007

Congrats Shalane!!!

Last night the U.S. women's 5000 meter record fell! The drug cheat finally doesn't own the record. Shalane Flanagan clipped the record by a second or so. She ran 14:44.8, which you can view in it's entirety on Flocast. The manner in which she broke the record is quite impressive. All I will say, in case you want to watch the video, she had a rabbit for 1800 meters and the rest was on her own. Congrats again!

Myself, I did another easy jogging session through the cemetery, and added a loop on the west side of campus and finished at the house. I wanted to loop close to the house in case I needed to bail-out of the run. The run went well as my foot actually felt the best it has since the injury. I am not getting too excited yet, I don't want to be let down if the ankle is not ready to resume full training. I am hoping it is soon!

Total: 43:03, 6 miles. Temps in the low 50's at 9:00 am.

No comments: