Sunday, April 29, 2007

Who ya gonna call...Quad Busters!!!

The quad issue needs to be taken care of ASAP. I felt rather "tatored" after my 13 miler on Thursday so I took some easy days of running and figured all would be good. Looking back, I didn't eat too many carbs the last couple of days. I can't get past the possibility that it is my new shoes. I got a new pair of the latest DS Trainers (asics), and I noticed the mid sole is of new material. The question is, is it more dense of a mid sole, thus the sore quads? I really hope it is a nutrition thing as that is an easy fix.
My run today had the purpose of reintroducing my legs to the long run. It has been mid March since I did a run over 13 miles. I have this loop (Pig's-Vermilion) that is moderate hilly, and offers some flats for striding out that I do quite often. Today I did that loop 3 1/2 times to get my long run. This allowed me to get plenty of fluids and gels. Quite amazing, I ran at 8:30 am and the temp was already 70F+, and on my last lap the bank thermometer said 84F! This was actually a nice test of my fluid concoction. This was a good run except the quads being completely wasted after the first loop. Did I stop? Hell no! Had to get my long run in right? I stretched well and ate a really good meal immediately after and will continue to eat all day!
Totals: 1:58:26 17.5 miles

No comments: