Monday, April 2, 2007

"Movin' on Up"

This weeks goal is to push the red-line a bit from a rehab perspective. I am going to try to run everyday as well as some other cross-training if possible. I believe I need to attempt to get back to my regular running schedule if running a decent marathon is still in the works. I didn't mention in previous entries that this spring my training is focused on running Grandma's Marathon in a new personal best.

Just a bit of history...in fall of 2005, I was coming back from some serious time off of consistent training, and I came up with a 3 year plan to run a marathon under 2:30:00. I ran the 2006 G-mas in a personal best under historical conditions, aka "Black flag" day. I will run G-mas this year, then in 2008, I will run G-mas in June and a fall marathon, likely Chicago. For the rest of this spring, I want to get back to 75-85 miles a week as soon as possible. I usually follow some type of adjusted Pete Fitzenger training plan.

Today's workouts went quite well. I started off by going to the pool at 0600 for the morning aqua-jog workout. I did 41:00 total with 10 min. wup and close to 30:00 of intervals of 3:00 on and 1:00 off. I am getting pretty good at getting my heart rate up in the water.

After work, my wife, son, and I went for a run. I enjoy doing these runs, as it allows all of us to be outside at the same time doing the things we love to do! We ran through campus, to Chester Bowl, did a small loop and back to the house. The ankle felt ok, still a bit tender, but no true pain. I am quite pleased with this being 2 weeks since the injury. 32:00 run after work.
Days Total: 41:00 pool and 32:00 easy run.

No comments: