Friday, April 6, 2007

It is April, Right??

What's with this weather? I got up this morning to go to UMD and the windchill was -10F.

I had a chance to watch the UND/BC hockey game last night, along with a sauna (204 F) and some Molson's. I hydrated well before I went to bed and during the night in anticipation of having some type of workout this morning.

Went to UMD and decided to aqua jog for an hour. The ankle was a bit sore just walking so I think I made the right decision. As far as the workout went, I wasn't "into" aqua jogging for the first 20 min's. I did my usual 10 minute warm up and then intervals. The length of the intervals varied because I couldn't push hard enough on the longer intervals. I did several 1 min on/ 30 sec off, along with 3 min on/ 1 min off for 50:00. As the workout progressed, I felt much better.

I think my ankle will be able to log some miles this weekend. There is now 10 weeks left until Grandma's Marathon. I plan on using Pete's 12 week plan and modifying it.

Totals: 1:00:00 aqua jog with intervals HR 120's-130's.

No comments: