Wednesday, April 25, 2007

A Morning for the Pool.

I woke up with a bit more soreness than the past couple of mornings and decided to go to the pool for the morning workout instead of running. I kind of miss the pool actually. Being a novice at pool workouts, I get an unbelievable workout without the pounding on the roads. As usual, the first 20 minutes were tough to get through then I started to work into the session. I did a ladder workout consisting of 5,4,3,2,1,1,2,3,4,5 minutes on with 1 minute rest between intervals. The last ten minutes I used the kick board and actually swam 50 meters freestyle with proper breathing technique attempted.(this is totally new to me.) A good morning workout.

Later in the afternoon, Kari and I went out for a run up to the cemetery and took Vermilion home via St. Marie street. This was a good run to get in for both of us, as we need to keep our running connection!
Totals: am: 57:45 pool workout pm: 32:30 run approx. 4.5 miles.

No comments: