Saturday, March 31, 2007

Welcome Back!

The day started and I was trying to evaluate my ankle looking for a little running time. At first I was going to go to the CPF (center for personal fitness) and attempt to familiarize myself with the elliptical trainers. When I looked outside to let our dog out I noticed about 1/2" of ice covering everything! Not running or driving weather. I made use of our treadmill, and actually didn't feel so bad. I noticed my ankle sore, but no real pain involved with the movements. After warming up for 5 minutes I slowly ramped up the speed until I hit 8:00 min/mile pace and decided to keep it there. Just to be running was such a joy! I ran for 30:00 min. and walked for a bit. We got our batteries replaced in the heart rate monitor watch so I was able to track my hear rate during the run...133-143bpm. Much easier than in the pool. Total run 35:00, 4 miles running time. I am hoping for the best going into tomorrow.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

The blog looks great Gregg. Katie read that they had to close one of the bridges yesterday. Oh how I miss those days trying to run up Vermilion Rd. on a bed of ice. I'm looking forward to being up there for Grandmas so I can get a runs in Chester, Rock Hill, Lester Park, Seven Bridges Rd, Hartley, West Duluth, umm... I guess I'll be running a lot that weekend.

PR