Thursday, March 29, 2007

Cross Training Time

Last Tuesday the 20th of March, I headed out for my morning 10 miler. I noticed a light dusting of snow on the road but didn't give it the attention it needed. One mile from the front door I hit a patch of ice and down I went, leaving my trailing leg and ankle well behind. The end result to a very short, interrupted run was the worst ankle sprain I've experienced to date. The Sports Med. doc I visited mentioned it took Randy Moss 6 weeks to rehab this kind of sprain!! YUK!

So I took a complete week off from any training and this morning was the first of many pool workouts to come. I purchased an aqua jogger, a new pair of "jammers" (long legged swim suit I guess), a swim pass to UMD, and off I went for this mornings 0600 swim. Since I haven't used an aqua jogger since 1991, it took me ten minutes or so to remember the proper form. I also forgot how hard you have to "jog" to get your heart rate up!

I did several 40 meter laps for a total of 50:00. Not too bad for the first official cross-training workout...I guess I will return tomorrow.

No comments: