Monday, July 14, 2008

Wet Grass & Spider Webs

The temps were a bit cool this morning. (47F) The morning dew was quite thick as the longer grass and weeds lay over the trail in certain places offering my lower legs a little wake up call. The other annoying trail occurrence early in the morning are spider webs. When hitting a narrow patch of trail you are expected to get a face full of webs from time to time. Fun!
Even if I have been absent from the long run or high miles I used this morning as an easy "recovery day". I like to do that on Monday's. Surprising that doing a little over an hour yesterday left me feeling like I had done a long run as my quads were a bit heavy. It could have been the 3 sets of lower body exercises I did after yesterday's run as well.
 
Totals: 37:49  5.2 miles   HR: 137 (recovery 101)

No comments: