Friday, July 4, 2008

Too Much of A Good Thing

With a fresh start of running on Tuesday and the addition of consistent eccentric exercises I may have overdone it for a few days. On Thursday I could hardly walk down the stairs, thus no running that morning. I took the morning off from the exercises as well, but did one set in the evening. I woke up feeling much better this morning and after a couple of hours of being up and taking a short walk with the dog I was ready for a run.

The first data I thought was off was my resting heart rate. It wasn't a true resting heart rate as I had been up and moving for a bit but sitting just prior to starting the run my heart rate was 63. (usually low 40's- upper 30's) As I was running and attempting to get into a rhythm I couldn't help but notice my rate's in the upper 150's and 160's with any amount of incline.(threshold HR has been 164 in past)  I wasn't feeling dyspnic to the degree I should when my heart rates have been that high in the past. Weird.

I did a nice slower loop and my legs were dead, but my Achilles felt very good. NO Pain!

Totals: 36:55  5 miles  Ave. HR: 147

No comments: