Sunday, July 20, 2008

Three Is Proven

Over the years I have said it a thousand times. It takes about three to four weeks of consistent training to get to the point where it feels like habit and things start becoming easier. I'm at that point and boy does it feel good. I'm not ready to crush any records or anything but I am running comfortably and most importantly pain-free. The next three weeks will be inching up the mileage until I am comfortable at 60-65 miles. I may do a little more from time to time but that is where my mileage will be for some time while I attempt to get some speed back.

Today's run was a bit of an experiment. I wasn't supposed to run longer miles until next week but I knew I was ready. I drove down to the marathon course and parked in front of the Portland Malt shop (24 mile mark). The goal was 12 miles, so off I headed "up the shore" making my way to the 18 mile mark. The miles cruised by as I hit the turn in 42:13. I had to fight the urge to pick up the pace on the way back and made it to the ten mile point before picking it up a bit. I closed the last two miles at 6:29 pace with a HR: 148. Very happy with today's effort.

Totals: 1:22:44  12.2 miles  (6:46 pace) HR: 141

Weeks Totals: 50 miles
Years Totals: 1096 miles

No comments: