Sunday, July 13, 2008

Good Days


Some time back, approximately a year or so, I talked about having good days and the importance of never giving up the ship, and to keep "chasing the carrot". I needed one of those days and today I got it! Nothing special. Just a solid run that left me satisfied.
I wanted to run a solid hour to see how things would feel. My right achilles was just a bit sore this morning and it warmed up well with the early miles of running. Getting "into the groove" was easy after the early mile hills were tackled. I was running with the wind for some distance and I was surprised to be running sub-6:30 pace! Something I haven't seen for awhile. HR and recovery were a bit up today having an overall increase in volume and pace.
To summarize: solid legs, solid breathing, solid run= Happy!


Totals: 1:07:06  9.6 miles (6:57 pace) HR:149 (117 recovery)

Weeks Totals: 38 miles
Years Totals: 1046 miles

No comments: