Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Technology

For the past six months Kari and myself have been thinking of purchasing a Garmin GPS watch. Well, we did it last night. A fresh Garmin 405 was all charged up and waiting for me as I got ready for the short run this morning.  After the quick set up pages I headed out on one of my regular short morning loops. (I will be doing this loop for the next four or five days) In the past I have thought of it as a "solid" 4 miles and maybe just a bit more. Today's measurement GPS-style was 3.98 miles.
It's a good thing that I had a new toy to occupy my mind, as my legs felt horrible but my breathing was better than yesterday. The neat thing of the new gadget was noting the fact that yesterday I was running a lot faster than I thought. Maybe that is why I felt so tired?
More data tomorrow.
Totals: 28:58  4 miles!

No comments: