Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Skyline

Out and back on skyline this morning offered me a wonderful sunrise and a reason for living in Duluth. I never get sick of seeing it. 
The only new thing from a running standpoint is the return of an old nagging muscle in my right hip/upper glute that tightens and causes a little discomfort down my leg. I've had this before and it disappears just a fast as it showed up. Not sure what is the cause but it seems like once I get to a certain level of activity and stretch along with getting a Chiropractor adjustment, all things get better. It doesn't cause me to stop, just another thing to deal with.
Totals: 49:11  7 miles  HR: 139 (recovery 109)

2 comments:

SteveQ said...

Most people will tell you pain running down the leg from the glute is sciatica, but I've had other things that describe that as well - often a muscle swelling and pressing on a nerve. That goes away with rest, sciatica doesn't.

Kel said...

Tight piriformis? Sciatic nerve runs right under it (or through it in ~10% of the population). Common cause of tight piriformis = weak hip abductors, which is very common in distance runners.