Saturday, July 5, 2008

24 Hours Later

Yesterday's run was, as I wrote, a bit mysterious. High heart rate at rest and while running. I didn't feel the best but, just confused with the numbers.

Today was, I guess you could say, the other side of the coin. 
I left the house with my resting HR nearly 20 beats lower than yesterday's. During the early miles I seemed to exhibit the same HR  pattern as yesterday but with less energy. (I did the same loop as yesterday with the exception of one block.) The one thing I noticed was the humidity may have been a bit lower from yesterday as well as an earlier hour of running. The main point being, without the numbers, one's body can differ so greatly form one day to the next and you wouldn't even know it. You often hear people saying, "I just didn't have it today... " or "I don't know what was wrong with me today...". Interesting...

The other side note for me would be that I haven't wore a HR monitor in the past when I was trying to get back into shape. I just used it when I was in shape and performing threshold workouts. It will be fun to see my heart rate come down as I get in better shape.

Totals: 36:16  5 miles  Ave HR: 151

No comments: