Saturday, July 26, 2008

One More For the Warriors

Kari and I made our way back to my hometown of White Pine, MI. for my 20th high school reunion. The school was build in 1960 and was closed in the late 1990's. There is talk about the school being demolished in the next year to come so I decided to make my way to the old school grounds and run one more mile on the track before it no longer exists. It's kinda sad because our school once had the track for our area. It was resurfaced and painted for my senior year. The track is now near cinders and the lines are barely visible.
The temps were excellent and just a little wind to keep any lingering deer flies off your back. Our town is small so I made my way to the city limits and ran all of the outlining streets before making my way to the track. Once there I decided to run on effort and see if I could run "one more mile" and see if it would be under six minutes. Not looking at my watch the entire way and just running on perceived effort I ran a 6:01. Just shy of the 5's I was looking for but decent anyway for just throwing in a track mile in the middle of a run. I then made my way back to the homestead to finish up. In the end I had a run that probably was a bit harder than it should have been but all is good.

Totals: 56:34 8.7 miles (6:32 pace) HR: 149 (recovery 113)

No comments: