Friday, July 18, 2008

Progression Run

I managed to get a decent "flexibility/strength" session in last night. I woke up feeling more flexible and ready to get out the door. I've been fighting the urge to increase my mileage, but Jack D. says not to change much the first three weeks back into a program. This is the end of my third week back and things are coming around just fine. Over the next few months I will be mixing Jack's and Pfitzingers plans and seeing if I can get some speed back in the legs.
This mornings run took me through the Piggly Wiggly loop. Felt decent, but still lacking strength on the hills, and finished strong with a 6:11 last mile.

Totals: 45:46  6.5 miles HR: 139  Last mile: 6:11 (151 HR)

2 comments:

Patrick said...

Hey Gregg:

Good to see things are coming together. If you're having the same kind of piriformis/sciatica problem I did this is what worked for me:
http://theunforgivingminute.blogspot.com/2008/05/routine.html

We're excited about becoming Yoopers. You'll have to visit if you're up there to see your parents.

PR

Gregg said...

the link didn't work... was it a link to your exercises you posted back in May? I have been doing a lot of those as well as additional work on the fitness ball.