Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Fresh Start

I wanted to go out and test the Achilles this morning with an easy 1/2 hour. Most of the reading I have been doing mentioned that it would be ok to run for 1/2 hour if one is pain free. I am happy to say I am pain free. The eccentric exercises have done wonders and hopefully will hold up to running activity. 
I am completely out of shape. The little run I did this morning at 8:00 pace just about killed me. Wow, I wished I had crossed trained now...
I am sure it will come back quick after some weeks of suffering.

Totals: 29:15  4+ miles

2 comments:

I am a runner. "We are what we repeatedly do" said...

nice! Glad to hear it, keep up the eccentric work and good luck,
Greg

Gregg said...

i think I over did it the first few days of running. After running for two days I could hardly stand out of bed on Thursday morning. I backed off on the "sets" and see where that gets me.
Hey,
Good Luck at Hardrock!!