Sunday, August 31, 2008

Blah

The title says it all. I should have known this was going to be one of those "get the mileage in and don't worry" kind of runs. When I woke up this morning I felt OK but not peppy and ready to tackle a longer run. The plan was to run 14-15 but the cards just didn't play out right. I thought running loops would be a good idea and allow me to get good fluids but all it did was mess up my mind. Had I done one big loop I would have been "forced" into completing the loop and thus I would have done the mileage. By doing a shorter loop twice I knew that there was a quick way home and I chose that route. Besides having low energy, my left, lower, outer calf muscle never loosened the whole run. I was waiting for it to ease off and it never did. We are heading to the lake later and will be doing some soaking.
The week was quite good, other than missing a day while attending the state fair, but this was a week to build on and have fun next weekend. (pulling an all nighter crewing for my buddy Chris Gardner as he goes for his first 100 miler on the Superior 100.

Totals: 1:32:44  13.2 miles 7:01 pace HR: 139
               1st loop: 46:52
               2nd loop: 45:52

Weeks Totals: (6 runs) 52 miles
Years Totals: 1369 miles

2 comments:

Kurt said...

Gregg,
I like the new look of the blog. Glad to see you back at it like you are. I might see you up at the SHT if I can get off work and make sure my knee is in shape. Looks like a great day at the fair !!

Gregg said...

Thanks Kurt... just trying to progress slowly through this phase of training and get some speed back in the legs. Hope to see you out there on Friday night, should be a good time.
The fair was great and looks like we will be regulars for the years to come.