Monday, August 25, 2008

790's Are Back

This mornings run was one for easy recovery. I wanted to give the trails another try and since I wasn't going to be running hard I chose the NB 790's since I haven't worn them on a run since May. It has been a slow transition to get the achilles and calves loose and strong once again to allow me to run in these shoes. A good thing as I love having the low minimal trail shoes as I feel like my feet are more responsive with the terrain.

The run went well. I didn't use the Garmin and ran entirely on effort. I am guessing I was near 8:00 pace for most of the run. My breathing was effortless and the legs recovered well from yesterday's triathlon. Not the usual triathlon but my own all day of activity. After yesterday's run I decided to seal the driveway. Our driveway is near 100 ft. and after four hours of back breaking squeegeeing (is that a word?) work I had to hit the shower and bike to the in-laws house for a birthday party. I ended doing about 35 minutes of biking. A good day for me!

Rock Hill trails, connected to Hartley trails and returned home via the same route. No pains to report. Super run!

Totals: 51:34  ~6.5 miles

No comments: