Thursday, August 14, 2008

24 Hours Difference

Yesterday I got up like I usually do and made my way to the basement to change into my running gear and head out into the darkness. Like most day's I watched the morning news segment to see what the weather would bring the next few days. What was different than most days of feeling a bit "tired" at 0515 was the degree of tiredness. It hurt to keep my eyes open and my body was screaming like no other "just lay down!" I fought it and thought if I would make the effort then all would be OK. After ten or fifteen minutes of doing this I finally gave up and hit the futon and covered up with a blanket until 0700. There are times when you have to fight this urge and there are times when you have to listen to your body. Ten years ago I would have gone out that door and most likely had a shitty run. Yesterday I got some much needed rest and my body thanked me for it all day as I had tons of energy.

Turn the clock ahead twenty four hours and this morning was off without a hitch. I was splashing in the puddles by 0530 and made my way up Woodland Ave. to make an hour loop. All systems felt good and I actually had to hold myself back from running too hard. That's a good feeling! In the end I ran just under an hour and felt super doing it.

Totals: 57:40  8.3 miles

No comments: