Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Out of Place at The Track

It's been quite some time since my last "formal" track workout. In years past I have incorporated speed into my distance loops and have used time as an interval. There is nothing wrong with that method but I wanted to get back on the track to gauge my efforts to see where I compared to years ago when I was doing regular track work.

 Amazing how hard the efforts felt compared to seeing them on paper. The plan was to do 10 X 400 with 400 rest and to do them in 73 seconds. After the second repeat I noticed my left calf starting to tighten. It never got much worse than "tight" but by not loosening up I decided to alter the workout and finish with some 200's. I guess I am happy I didn't blow anything major, but I wished I had left the track on a better note. As long as the calf loosens up next week should be better. 
Here is a breakdown:
400M: 75 sec. (trying to figure out pace)
"    "    : 74 sec.
"   "     : 72 sec.
"   "     : 72 sec.
"   "     : 73 sec.
"   "     : 71 sec.
200M: 35 sec.
"   "     : 36 sec
"    "    : 36 sec.
"   "     : 36 sec.
Not much of a cool down, maybe 1.5 miles as the calf was tightening more. After I did a long period of stretches and things settled down quite a bit. Hope tomorrow is better.

Totals: 7.5 miles (track work)

1 comment:

Don said...

Gosh those are consistent times!