Saturday, August 2, 2008

Early Morn Heat

As I write this I realize that fellow blogger PR is or should be near ending his 100K quest around Lake Calhoun. I haven't heard yet but will make some calls when I am done posting.
The run for me this morning was a bit hotter than I am used to since I usually get most of my weekly runs in prior to the sun getting too high. I adjust well and had an opportunity to do a couple of short easy "repeats" in the middle of the run followed by a couple of strider's. My legs are definitely making a turn for the better and becoming more fluid with the faster stuff. I was running on a rolling course so the spits were quite a bit different but I had an effort at 5:15 (159) and 5:50 (156) respectively. Making my way home I was a bit hot and fatigued but felt pretty good about it.

Totals: 48:49  7.2 miles (pace 6:48),   HR: 146 (recovery 113)

No comments: