Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Threshold

The schedule called for some type of intro threshold running. I adjusted the workout in order to stay comfortable and not "red-line" at all. I recovered well between intervals and had a good routine of stretches once I returned home.

The total run looked like this:

1.5 mile warm up 11:05
1 mile LT 5:47
1 mile LT 5:46
1 mile LT 5:42
1 mile LT 5:44
1.6 mile warm down

I did 2.5-3 minutes of recovery in between miles. The last two repeats were into a slight headwind and the last finished up a decent hill which made it feel a lot harder than it was. Overall I am pleased with this intro workout. As long as I feel decent, I will do some shorter intervals later this week.

Totals: 55:20 8.4 miles

2 comments:

ChrisG said...

A hearty congradulations on your return to speed work and quality workouts. Now you can feel assured that Jack D. would approve of you joining me on the track the next time you run by.

Gregg said...

thanks chris...
I now realize that my rest between intervals should have been closer to 90 seconds in order to stress the correct "system" but oh well, it's an intro anyway.