Sunday, August 3, 2008

Never Happened

I think most runners have had this happen on a run. I set out and didn't feel the best and thought that eventually I would feel better and finish the run strong. Doing an out and back course on Skyline gave me the opportunity to gauge my pace and monitor specific points in my run. I had several patches where I thought I was running too hard and would look at the pace and see 6:20's... yup, too damn hard, slow down! I made it to the turn in 42:17. After taking a generous squirt of Gatorade from my bottle I headed home and was still waiting for that magical moment where I would feel good. To save you the drama, it never happen. I had a few good patches and a lot of no so good patches on the return trip for a split of 40:40. Happiness is finishing a run like this and knowing that the next time it should feel better. Glad to get a medium distance run in and looking forward to bumping it up. *side note of both achilles not feeling the best. 0530

Totals: 1:22:58  12.3 miles (6:46 pace) HR: 139 (recovery 103)

Weeks Totals: 50 miles
Years Totals: 1187 miles

No comments: