Monday, September 1, 2008

Trial of Trails

Since I had an "off" day yesterday  I figured I would take it easy and run some trails for a recovery. I was only three minutes into the run when I ran into a group of four runners including Kooks, Jess, Jarrow and Darrin. I latched on and ran three loops in Rock Hill followed by an outside ski loop in Hartley. As the run progressed I felt better and was quite thankful that yesterday's run was one of those fluky off-days. It was nice to be in the woods on trails because at 9:00 the heat was up! A good day and looking forward to the rest of the week except for the darkness.

Totals: 1:15:22  8.7 miles ( in woods ? gps accuracy, but close)

2 comments:

Dave Schuneman said...

Hey Gregg-

You're an early morning go getter, how dark is it at 6 AM? I'm wondering whether I'll need this new Black Diamond headlamp I picked up at REI last weekend. Nice seeing you're progressing close to plans. Plus, what's the half you've made light of in recent entries? Whistlestop perhaps? Keep 'er movin'

ds

Gregg said...

Dave-
I went bye your place this morning at 0550 and had my lamp on, more for visibility purposes, but the official sunrise was 0632 this morning. I would think you may need the lamp for an hour or so in the thick woods. Just my thoughts.
Yah, the half would be Whistle Stop IF i do one this fall. I am really behind in "workouts" but things are progressing quite well. Maybe see you this weekend.