Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Intro to Hadd

With temps in the mid 30's this morning I chose to use a light pair of pants for the run. The plan wasn't calling for me to run "hard" so I figured the extra layer would keep my legs warm. I've started reading some training theory from an individual that refers to him/her self as Hadd. Erik mentioned this to me over the weekend and I found a document with the basis of his theories which is entirely based on heart rates. So far it seems interesting and I would like to get his "fitness" test in this week. Maybe Thursday?

This mornings run was an out and back on west Skyline Blvd. I wanted to "experiment" from what I read last night, so I attempted to keep my HR at 140, regardless of pace. I have to go back in my journal a month or more and see what this HR/pace was for me. I am assuming the pace was much slower than today. Here is what today looked like.

Out in 28:06  4 miles (HR 138, pace 6:55)
Return 26:53 4 miles (HR 144, pace 6:45)

Total: 54:59  8 miles (HR 140 ave., pace 6:50)

1 comment:

Adam said...

Reading Hadd's was the best thing that ever happened to my running. I don't adhere strictly to his principles any longer but the basic premise has always stayed with me. I still do Hadd tests before every major race in order to have a fitness record to reference in the future. I'm interested to hear how a more accomplished runner feels about it.