Tuesday, September 16, 2008

"Work" Day

Monday: easy running to get the kinks out from yesterday's longer effort. Felt good but the temps were a bit cool. Had 32F at 0530 at our house. This was the second time for me to wear pants in the morning. Let's hope for warmer temps. Finished with 4X100 meter striders
Totals: 46:07  6+ miles

Today was was termed a "work" day on the schedule. Not really a true tempo effort but an effort that was a bit harder than the usual aerobic effort. I am still guessing on the HR's since I don't have my true HR Max yet. I want to have fresh legs and a good nights sleep prior to attempting the test. For now it looks like it may be tomorrow or Thursday. So in the meantime I would use 140-145 as my work zone for today. I was surprised how hard the effort felt, as far as my leg muscles, but it may have been some left over fatigue from Sunday's longer run. Once I got home and had a good stretch and a set of leg exercises I felt much better. As far as my breathing the effort felt really good and I wasn't challenged too bad. The morning temps were much better and having a full moon as my morning light was absolutely wonderful. A good run. Training is starting to make sense and I can start to see a little progress.

Totals: 1:04:16  9.7 miles (HR 140) 6:38 pace 

No comments: