Sunday, September 28, 2008

To The Point

The goal for this mornings longer run was to log two hours. I didn't want this run to have a lot of hills so I drove and parked at the Ordean Middle School and ran the new section of Lakewalk extension in route to Canal Park and eventually make my way out to Park Point. 

The morning was perfect for running. Cool, overcast, with little to no wind. My goal for the run was to keep my HR near 135-140. I decided to run the "middle" hour at 140 bpm to see how my body would respond. I started to have quad fatigue at about eighty minutes into the run and near the end of the 140 hour zone. After ninety minutes I just ran to keep the HR under 140 and monitor the paces associated with my body fatiguing. What I did like about this run was amount of 'energy' I had the entire time even at times when the quads were fatiguing. In the past I think I would have picked up the pace and effort and the legs would have been much better, but I am trusting that by forcing the HR to remain stable regardless of pace that this will benefit me in the future. Time will tell. *very happy with this run.

Totals: 1st hr. turn around: 59:44 (HR 136) 6:56 pace
               1 hour to 87 minutes: (HR 140) 6:59 pace
               last 34 minute minutes: (HR 138)  7:20 pace 

               2:00:41  17.1 miles (HR 137)  7:04 pace 

Weeks Totals: 61 miles (6 runs)
Years Totals: 1585 miles

1 comment:

Dave Schuneman said...

Hi Gregg-

I use that new section during the work week and should be golden really soon w/all them birch. Anyway, just taking a moment to jot ya HELLO! Things are going well on my end and I hope the same for you.

ds