Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Much of the Same

Monday:
I was planning on an easy run this morning and once I made my way to the kitchen I noticed the schedule called for an hour in the "middle" zones. Off I went and I couldn't help but think of the overall soreness I have been experiencing. This may be what Hadd mentioned in his article about not having the slow muscle fibers "in shape" because of running over and above that specific zone. Or it's a bunch of shit and I am just adjusting to consistent training. Regardless, I felt just 'ok' this morning.

58:45  7.5 miles (HR 126) 7:46 pace


This morning (tues.) I was to run seventy minutes at the upper limits. These are the runs I look forward to all week because I usually feel good doing them. Today was no different. Down to superior street and out to Lester and returning via London Rd. After a fresh rain last night the roads were still full of puddles making for some added fun. I broke the run into two segments as the last mile and a half or so would be up hill climbing from the bottom of lemon drop hill up to UMD area where we live. I often found myself holding back due to jamming up the HR at sub 6:30 pace. Overall, a good run!
Here are the splits:

flat split: 52:11  7.5 miles (HR 132) 6:58 pace
uphill : 15:41  1.9 miles (HR 142) 8:20 pace

Totals:  1:07:53  9.4 miles (HR 134)  7:15 pace


No comments: