Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Return to Lakeside

I decided to get another LT workout this morning and Lakeside offers a pretty good course for such a workout. On a whim I decided to do a four mile LT run. Warming up I felt good as the temps were in the low 40's and it was DARK.
Here's a breakdown:
2.2 mile warm up  16:55
4 mile LT: 1st mile: 5:49 (146)
                     2nd mile: 5:40 (151)
                     3rd mile: 5:45 (156 into wind)
                     4th mile: 5:49 (156)
2.6 mile warm down 21:10

Looking at the HR I am hoping that it was the slight headwind and up grade that was causing my HR to pop up. I was still feeling quite comfortable but off on the pace a bit. My next LT work should be near 5:43's. Overall I am satisfied with the workout. For some reason the lower calf muscles got tight again. I gave them a good stretch after the run.

Totals: 1:01:14  8.8 miles 


Tuesday: 1st day back to work. Slept like hell last night due to the heat. No running.

No comments: