Friday, September 19, 2008

Upper End

This morning was another "work" day where I get to explore the upper "limits" of my current training zones. I usually look forward to these days and today was no different. The one problem I had was I never got comfortable. It wasn't that the effort was hard. More of just having difficulty with the legs becoming fluid. I then remembered that this week was an overall increase in volume for me and I have been doing a bit more leg exercises, thus the heavy leg feeling. I am still happy with the run and the splits looked like this:

Totals: 1:12:30  10.5 miles (HR 136) 6:55 pace

2 comments:

Kurt said...

So where did you find your info on the HADD heart rate stuff ?? I have always been alot into heart rate training but am guessing I never did it full force. I have been running everyday with my monitor since just before Leadville.

Keep up the good work.

Gregg said...

Kurt-
Google Hadd training and it should be the first to match. the document I have is a thread from LETS RUN and is 25 pages. If you don't find it give me a call and I will give you the high points to follow.