Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Spandex Zone

This morning the Inline Skating Marathon was occurring. In years past Kari and I have gone to watch the finish as it has great opportunities for crashes! The announcer at the finish line likes to call the packs of skaters, in biking it would be called the pelleton, "the spandex zone". Weird... Anyway, I was running towards London Road and then realized that the race was this morning. As I made my way down the course there were several "zones" that went bye me with the crowd using cow bells to cheer them along the course.

As for my run I was using HR and made a decision not to run above 145 for an hour or so. Once I was down on London Rd. there would be only one option to get home. Up hill. I used the Chester Bowl trails and ran easy until I crested the trail at Skyline Blvd. There were a few times when I had to back off pace to  keep the rate below 145, but I managed to accomplish this pretty easy. I felt good after as well and that is what I have been liking about my current phase of training. I never feel beat up and recover well. It's going to take some time, but I have faith in this HR training.

Totals: 1:02:42   8 miles HR: 135 (7:48 pace)

No comments: