Friday, September 26, 2008

Easy As It Should Be

Approximately two weeks after starting the 'Hadd' system my easy, low HR runs are starting to feel better. I was talking last night that I had some frustrations with these runs as they usually start good and end with my legs feeling heavy and fatigued. Not so much this morning. 
I started the morning like most others with the exception of taking a Power Gel and a glass of water just prior to setting out to the darkness. It is only 110 calories but I was hoping it would be better than nothing at all. It either helped or I had one of those good running days. My legs felt real loose and fluid and I had no problem keeping the HR down AND feeling good doing it. I finished with doing a couple of laps on the UMD track just to gauge the HR/pace effort and once I got home I did 4 X 100 meter striders.

Totals:  53:18  7 miles  (HR 125) 7:41 pace
*felt super!

No comments: