Saturday, September 27, 2008

Lightening Show

Last night there was quite the lightening presentation as a few different storms passed through the northland. There was a point in the early evening that no more than two or three seconds would pass and another lightening strike would occur. There was little thunder associated which I thought was a bit odd. After all the rain we received I figured the trail systems would be flooded, but I opted for off road running anyway.

I left the house and made my two plus minute jog to the Rock Hill trail head and proceeded to make four revolutions prior to jumping on the SHT and heading over to Hartley to run an outer loop of the ski trails. I was feeling quite well and controlled my HR the best I could on the uphills. My legs are coming around and having much less fatigue. I am excited for next week and would like to think that I have made an adjustment for the better which will make my next phase of running even more productive in the weeks to come.

Totals: 1:20:46  9.8 miles (HR 132) 8:16 pace
*hilly off road trails

No comments: