Tuesday, May 1, 2007

"I Walk the Line...A thin Line"

Now that my ankle feels mostly healed, at least from a running standpoint, my achilles are achy. I know that this is something not to be taken lightly. I feel like I could be walking a thin line of injury here. I have been stretching my calves as much as I can during the day, I don't have much opportunity to ice until I get home from work, but they continue to be sore. Tomorrow will be a day to evaluate if a few days off of running and a few more in the pool are warranted. As for today I did a run out to Woodland/Arnold/Martin and home. I did about three miles warm up then I did 10 X 30 seconds on 30 seconds off, followed by a 4 minute and 5:45 minute cruise interval. It felt really good to do faster running. During my warm down my quads felt a bit beat up again, and also I felt the right achilles.
On a high note for the night, the American Idol's had to sing Bon Jovi! YES!

Total: 1:04:00, 10 miles with cruise intervals.

No comments: