Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I Beat the Bed Demons

When my alarm clock went off this morning I was almost certain that today was going to be an unscheduled day off. I was lying there pissed off, sick of having sore Achilles and calves and really didn't want to deal with limping down the stairs. For some reason, I sat up and peeked out the window and it looked like a decent morning. My hobble downstairs wasn't as bad as past mornings but still noticeable. A quick change and out the door I went...SLOWLY. After five minutes all seemed OK and I decided at that moment I would do a 20, 20 , 20 workout. Twenty minute warm up, twenty minutes LT pace, and at least twenty minutes warm down. My legs felt pretty fresh, but my wind was a bit "lacking" on the LT segment. Looking back it has been quite some time since I did a true LT workout. Out and back on West skyline, 60F, no wind, and Humid.
Totals: 1:06:13 ~10+ miles

No comments: