Thursday, May 17, 2007

What's that Beeping?

I managed to snooze my alarm this morning for almost half and hour. The alarm wasn't doing its job until then. Once I was awake my body felt alright. My right Achilles is more sore than my left these days so I took a few extra minutes and stretched lightly before setting off on my run. Today's schedule called for 13 to 15 with a step down pace at the end. The morning was excellent for running but once I got going I didn't feel too energetic. My legs didn't feel very good, quite heavy, and not very fluid. The other bad thing was I started the run hungry. As I approached an hour I had a few good miles and I was able to mark off a mile.(6:19) I had ran a few miles at this pace and finished the run about the same pace. Today at work I loaded the carbs and will continue to do so tomorrow as well. New shoes today...Brooks Racer ST 2. I think that they will be a good shoe for the marathon. I will get the chance to use them on Saturday.
Totals: 1:27:21, 13 miles

No comments: