Friday, May 11, 2007

There's Smoke in the Air

As I headed out for my run this morning I immediately smelled smoke, and as I got near the lake it was very apparent over the water. The hazy skies from the disastrous fires in the BWCA filled the horizon and obstructed what would have been a picture perfect sunrise. I sure hope we can get some rain to assist those fire fighters. As for my run, I planned on a medium distance workout, but I didn't quite make the distance part but had a good run despite the lack of mileage. After running for near an hour, 6:20-6:30 pace, I had to climb up from the lake to my house near UMD. A few streets took my to the base trail of Chester Bowl and I headed up from there for about 12 minutes or so. The last 10 minutes were flat again, allowing me to shake out the legs after the climb. The feet felt OK after the warm up. I got a massage on my legs focusing on the calves and it felt great. I will try to get one massage a week leading up to the marathon.
Totals: 1:13:58, 11 miles with short segment of hill climb.

No comments: