Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Is it the Shoes?...Mars Blackmon

Mars Blackmon kept at Michael Jordon back in the 80's and 90's, "is it the shoes Michael?" Nah, it's not the shoes... But I wonder. Last night I returned those Nike zoom elites and picked up a pair of the Hayward's. After contemplating and several visual comparisons to the old DS Trainers, I decided that this was probably my only choice. I ran this morning, and despite a little tenderness in the right Achilles for the first 10 minutes or so, the run went very well. I did my Wednesday skyline out and back and had a most beautiful morning to do so. I made it to the turn-around past 28th ave. west, made my turn and headed into the sunrise over Lake Superior. I was waiting for the Achilles to become sore and they never did! I am keeping my fingers crossed for the rest of the week.
Totals: 1:27:56 13.5-14 miles, 44:51 at the turn, 43:05 back to the house.

1 comment:

Kurt said...

you got to love the Haywards !!! I have had like 3 pair of them. I figured you wanted something with more stability like the d.s. trainers. I hope you like these. I realy like my NB 825's and 902's as well.