Wednesday, May 2, 2007

It Seems a bit Busier...

Wednesday's are my medium distance runs along with Friday's. I headed west on Skyline to do an out and back route. Doing this kind of route is nice as it gives me markers I can use to ensure I run the proper pace. The first thing I noticed (after my achilles) was the amount of traffic. I have been running early morning runs all winter and some workouts I don't see anybody! On this route today I saw several runners and bikers, and an overall increase in motorists. It is amazing what nice weather does to the soul.
My run was "average" at best. My right achilles was sore the entire run, and my trip back after the turn around wasn't as strong as I would have liked. I managed to negative split, but not by much. I had to cut the time a little short but at least I got the run in. I really am hoping for the best with this achilles. Most of these aches and pains seem to be from the rapid increase in mileage since I started up last week. As long as things don't get worse this week, I believe things will improve next week.
Totals: 1:09:43 10.5 miles (neg. split 1 min back to house)

No comments: