Saturday, November 1, 2008

Chili Champ


Friday= no running. more rest needed.  0 miles

Yesterday at work the gang decided to have a Chili Cook-Off. I had just made chili last weekend and managed to make a good batch. So, Thursday night I whipped up another fresh batch and had to trust my instincts that it tasted alright because of this cold I'm currently fighting has my taste buds all messed up. It must have been decent because I won the contest. Out of six wonderful entries I managed to get the blue ribbon.

This morning I made my way out the door nice and early and had a wonderful loop planned. The trails of Hartley and SHT were calling my name. Most of the "wet" spots were actually frozen which made for easy maneuvering around the mud. The one thing I forgot was the potential hunter zones. Not sure if there is a city hunt going on or not. That's the one thing that sucks in November. A good run to get going again.

Totals: 54:00   7.5 miles   (HR 136)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the chile win! Can't wait to try it out sometime....Sis