Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Protect the Pearls

I did the out and back on west Skyline Blvd. this morning. The temps were in the low single digits along with a slight breeze. This run reminded me that I need to purchase additional wind briefs. I have two pair and they were both in the wash so I had to risk it today. Not a risk I want to take. Any men out there freeze their junk in the past? Not good.
I didn't wear the HR monitor this morning and ran on my "effort". Just by looking at the final numbers I am assuming I was running at the higher HR's as of late. I felt good and am looking forward to the rest of the week.

Totals: 57:30  8 miles   7:06 pace

4 comments:

SteveQ said...

Yeah, I've got a story about "frozen frightened turtle." You don't make that mistake twice!

Dave Schuneman said...

Having been on many epic 7+ hour MTB rides in sub zero weather I can shed a bit of light on the topic. Man, don't break your wallet as they only offer some assistance at best. I recommend tilting your kielbasa and jewels due north so that they can absorb heat from your pelvis. Let your package hang between your legs and you lose it to frostbite!! My two cents be known...

Gregg said...

I knew that this question would produce some interesting and descriptive suggestions but wow!
Steve- I agree. No way, not twice
Dave- I disagree, I have two pair of wind briefs and they help quite a bit. Maybe they vary in brands and what they use as a barrier. I don't think I can "tilt my kielbasa and jewels" north while running, they would work their way south very quickly... biking is another story.

Dave Schuneman said...

I suppose the chamois is quite different from the wind brief. Plus, body position is not even close to the same. Which ones do you recommend?? I've got an old school LIFA that is uncomfortable but worked fairly good. My hind brand not so much.