Saturday, November 8, 2008

First Snow

This morning marks the first official accumulated snow. We didn't get much, a trace at best, but enough to notice. The temps hovered around 30F with a little breeze. My buddy Hex whom I haven't ran with in months, possibly a year, came to the "city" because of the deer opener. We did a nice out and back through some trails in town. I noticed the HR for me was a bit high many points in the run but the overall "average" was alright. The other factor I experimented with was fluid intake. Usually if I am going to run for two hours I take a bottle of fluid with me. More in the summer months. Today I tried to fuel up in the hours prior to running but didn't take any fluid on the run. I had difficulty in the last twenty minutes with my quads fatiguing. I don't like doing that and will take fluids from now on. It makes it much easier to wash down the gels as well.

Totals: 1:55:17   15 miles   (HR 135)  7:42 pace (trails/roads)

No comments: