Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Rock The Vote!

I had a good nights sleep going until 0330. I heard the dog shaking and rolling on his back, then I knew it would be about one hour and the alarm would be giving me a call. The next thing I knew it was 0430 and I was up heading for the basement. Crazy heh?

 I got an early start to my Tuesday "work-day" that will eventually be 12-14 milers. I am still building these days up and today it was a ten miler. The course for these types of run is usually west Skyline as it offers little to no traffic. Besides running, I managed to see two deer that would make a trophy deer hunter cream his jeans. Sorry for the analogy, but it's true. The first deer I saw was a mere twenty FEET away and was an eight-pointer. The return trip was going great and I stumbled upon what I believe was a ten pointer if not more. (that's hunter jargon for the number of "horns"  on each side of the male deers head)

The run went great and I am looking forward to getting out of this base-phase, but that is a bit away yet. I would like to get the mileage up to 80-85 and adjust before making any serious attempts at "workouts". Besides, it is way too early to start that. My season would be done by March if I started now.

I rocked the vote and took my son with me. He asked on the way to the voting precinct if "morok obama" was going to be there. I told him no, but we would cast our vote and see him later on TV.

Totals: 1:12:10  10.1 miles  HR 136   7:08 pace 

No comments: