Saturday, November 22, 2008

Group Trail Run

I met a few people out at the Chester Bowl trail head for their long run. I had plans of running a medium-long run and doing so with a group would be great. For those of you that are not familiar with the Chester Bowl trail system, they are trails that only the gnarly skiers ski, and many people of all groups walk, jog, sleep on the lower river trails. They are very hilly and slow moving on the way back up the river. At any rate, they are super trails and I attempt to make them a  weekly occurrence in my training. From Chester we made our way to the UMD, Rock Hill trail system. After a complete loop, we made out way via the SHT to Hartley trails. I made my way out with the boys to the "gasline" and made my way back home. For the most part, the trails are in super shape. Most of the trails are ice-free and offer pretty decent running surfaces. The technical single track and hills, like most trails, slow the pace down. It's nice to wear a HR monitor because even with the pace down, the HR was up where I needed it to be.
Super run!

Totals: 1:31:00  10.7 miles  (HR 138)  8:41 pace

No comments: