Sunday, November 23, 2008

Back to Back

Something I haven't done in some time is the weekend back to back longer runs. After yesterday's ninety minutes I decided to make it an effort to go for two hours. I a complete loop in Hartley and some SHT spur trails. Everything felt super until 100 minutes into the run. I ran out of energy and was starting to tank. I had taken a gel fifty minutes into the run and had one bottle of water with, but this wasn't quite enough. Kind of sick that I found that feeling enjoyable for a little bit. It seems like this would be the point where one is creating those capillary beds deep in the muscles, but most likely not. In order to do that one needs to be fueled and if you are bonking like that the fuel stores are on fumes. Fun!
I was planning to link a video, pod, of the weeks summary. We'll see if I have time later.

Totals: 1:56:30   13 miles  (HR 133)  8:55 pace

Weeks Totals: 50 miles (6 runs)
Years Totals: 1934 miles

No comments: