Thursday, November 6, 2008

Shorts. The Final Countdown

Wednesday:
As I looked out the kitchen window to catch a glimpse at the temperature I was a bit shocked. 44F! The weather channel had much higher "down by the lake".  The decision was an easy one. I must wear shorts one more time. 
I did an easy run up Woodland and made my way home via the short loops. No issues to discuss, just a bit tired is all.
Totals: 50:51   6.6 miles (HR 126)  7:41 pace

Today: 
Once again the temperatures were much higher than usual for this time of year. With the forecast of potential snow this weekend I had to run one more time in shorts. Again, very comfortable, but today there were wind gusts to keep things interesting. Today I was able to up the HR just a bit more than yesterday and go a bit longer. I felt wonderful. The kind of run where you sure are happy you didn't skip a day. My HR versus effort was much lower than yesterday and the loop times show. After the run I managed to get a short set of lower leg exercises in before heading off to work.
Totals: 54:11   7.4 miles  (HR 132)  7:11 pace

No comments: