Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Winter Temps

Tuesday:
The plan called for ninety minutes with fartleks of one minute at 5k pace with one minute of full rest. I did that same workout a couple of weeks ago and I remember how challenging I found it to keep the pace and finish without being completely tatored. Amazing what a couple weeks worth of running, hills, and up tempo running will do as this morning I felt quite well and found the intervals to feel easy and my legs turning over with ease. (kind of a nice feeling...)
Out west on Skyline with the wind and returning into a headwind. I found my twig and berries to be quite cold and couldn't figure out why since I was wearing the same wind briefs as usual for the temps I was running in. When I got home I had discovered the crotch was 'blown out' and the boys were hanging a little low  and in the wind. (kind of a not so good feeling...)

Totals: 1:30:26   12.9 miles  (HR 138 ave. 7:02)
                12 X 1 min. fartleks
                intervals between 5:10 and 5:25 pace depending on the terrain.



Monday:

Taking my recovery run is often something I look forward to. No thinking. Just putting one foot in front of each other and keeping the effort low. That's pretty much what I did today. I was surprised to have my legs feel as good as they did since both Saturday and Sunday they were a bit flat. I ran up Woodland to Martin and home via Vermilion. Temperatures were in the middle to low twenties with clear skies.

Totals: 58:13  7.6 miles  (HR 130  7:38 pace)

No comments: